It's truly a miracle in today's publishing world for any book series to last five - much less twenty years! Yet this is what Christmas in My Heart has done. No one is more surprised at this than Joe Wheeler; he attributes the series' stubborn refusal to die to be a God-thing. That somehow there is something about each year's collection of stories that so speaks to hearts everywhere that "completists" (those who have all the books in the series) cannot even imagine facing a new Christmas season without a new collection to feed their souls.
In a world where society appears intent on stripping the Christmas season of the divine reason for its very existence, spiritually based Christmas stories such as these may provide a refuge from electronic strangulation, and an opportunity to read aloud heart-tugging stories incorporating values worth living by to children, teens and adults of all ages.
Since we become our favorite stories, the right or wrong story-choices will inevitably determine our eternal destinies. - Joseph Leininger Wheeler.
Stories in this book
Introduction Christmas Carol By Sara Teasdale
- Measuring Our Lives by Our Christmases By Joseph Leininger Wheeler
- Joseph's Coat By Jennie Harris Oliver
- Midnight in the Stable By Elizabeth Goudge
- Bell of Truth By Morgan Hill
- Santa Claus Had Red Hair By Margaret E. Sangster Jr
- The Little Ole Bus By Florence Latimer
- And Evermore Be Merry By Temple Bailey
- I Can Give Him My Heart By Elsi Dodge
- Bright as a Christmas Tree By Margaret Weymouth Jackson
- A Christmas in the East Bronx By Penelope Hope
- Hope By Mike Huckabee
- Midnight Dreams By David T. Doig
- Happiness for Sale By Grace Noll Crowell
- For Value Received By Christine Whiting Parmenter
- Something to Celebrate By Isobel Stewart
- Message in a Book By Joseph Leininger Wheeler